Saturday, January 17, 2015

Orange White Mocha at Starbucks

Starbucks in Japan never fails. They offer drinks I've never heard (or even thought of) throughout the year and often times put the Secret Menu to shame. Shortly after we got here in 2008 they had coffee jelly cappuccino on the menu. My favorite is the Sakura Steamer during sakura (cherry blossom) season. Anyway, it was pouring the other day and was very windy. My shoes were soaked through, my jeans were wet and sticking to my legs me making me even colder and I needed to burn time before picking the kids up from school.

We hadn't bought our car yet so I was at the mercy of the base shuttle bus and its schedule. I needed to dry off, warm up and planned on getting a white mocha. That plan changed when I saw this sign...an orange white mocha with caramel sauce. Yum! I love all of these things but wasn't sure how the combined flavors would be. Believe it or not, it worked.

It had orange sugar, orange zest, Valencia orange syrup, espresso, steamed milk, orange whipped cream and caramel...all kinds of delicious goodness. I got a tall for ¥460 and not only was it worth every yen, it was elegant and warm as promised!  



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back. I'm looking forward to reading more and following your adventures!