Monday, May 4, 2009

Introducing for the First Time in Public

LCDR Bob!

He was promoted to LCDR (Lieutenant Commander) today (Friday)! The girls and I were able to go and put his new collar devices (pins) on. The last time I did this was on May 26, 1999 when he was commissioned at the U.S. Naval Academy. My mother-in-law put one Ensign board on and I did the other. When he made LTJG and LT he was out to sea, so the CO did the pinnings.

My friend, Julie, took some pictures for me, and here are some highlights...

The Admiral's on the far right and the guy next to Bob was also getting promoted; the Admiral was administering the Officer Oath...Keanna and Sydney joined in.
















Bob took off his LT bars and Keanna and I took turns replacing them with the oak leaves.

















Afterward he signed the FIRST ENDORSEMENT (at least that was the subject on the paper), accepting the appointment.

















The Admiral got a little chatty asking the girls where they'd like to move to next. Keanna said something about a new house and a swing set at our old house. He was very personable and was nice to take time to talk to us. He even gave me a command coin! After Bob was done (took about 10 mins from start to finish), we had to stay for the awards and speeches. The girls were quiet and behaved very well...Sydney was especially quiet towards the end...









10 comments:

newsjunkie said...

Yay, congratulations again!

Kelli said...

Congratulations, Bob!

Terri said...

Congrats!!
Love that pic of Sydney. Keanna is getting SOOO big!!!

Aloha! said...

Congrats to the Pass the Chopsticks family!!!! WTG Bob!!!

Alisa said...

YEA! Congrats!!!
BTW, YOU and the Girls look AMAZING!
I just love the Sailor Dresses. :)

Jamie said...

Congratulations and how cool! Great that you were all able to be there, the girls' dresses are darling. :D

Anonymous said...

With teary eyes I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to your husband and you. What an accomplishment! You must be so proud.
From a step-mom of fellow George Washington sailor.

Shari said...

Congrats again! The girls are getting so big. I can't wait til you guys get here... .

I've tagged you to play along with 6 of My Favorite Things. http://sharisrandomramblings.blogspot.com/2009/05/6-of-my-favorite-things.html

Unknown said...

Congrats! I love, love the girls' dresses. :)

Mel said...

Congrats to both you & Bob! You've worked hard for it too!