Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jomyoji Temple & Another Earthquake

We have been so busy with school, errands and running around that we haven't done anything fun lately. After I dropped the kids off from school, Julie asked if I wanted to go for a ride to a temple she'd heard about. We didn't get to the exact one she was talking about, but we did find one new to both of us, the Jomyoji [浄妙寺] Temple with Ceremonial Tea House and Zen Rock Garden. Just as we were getting out of the car I felt something and asked Julie if she thought it was an earthquake too. She looked at me like I was crazy, but when we got home I found out we had a 4.6 quake! Anyway, we were there about 45 minutes and really enjoyed it. I'd love to go back with my Canon Rebel camera (only had my little one today that I use primarily for video) and without the kids and get a chance to take some nice pictures. Thanks for the picture above, Julie.

I tried to get a picture of the Zen Rock Garden but they had some of the areas blocked off. From what I could see, it looked like a life-size one of what
people have on their desks and coffee tables. There was also a Tantric Buddist Temple...Julie and looked and each other and could tell what the other was thinking....but unfortunately what we saw wasn't what we had in mind. Good thing though since our kids were with us!

They had a restaurant there along with a snack stand, and I bought something that tasted really good. I'm sitting here snacking on it right now and having a beer too. I'd opt for a bottle of cheap (and, of course, screw top) wine, but I finished that bottle over the weekend.


0 comments: