Monday, August 11, 2008

Sayonara Daddy

Our special week with Bob home has come and gone in a flash. We dropped him off at PSD early this afternoon to catch the shuttle bus back to Narita Airport. He'll head to South Korea for a Naval exercise, then will fly to San Diego. From San Diego he'll take a plane to get back onto the ship. We stuck around on the benches where the bus was and waved goodbye as it pulled away. Driving back home felt strangly normal...it's probably harsh to say, but it actually felt normal coming home and not having him here. Since we moved into our house in April he's only been here three weeks. Two weeks in a row in May, and now this past week.

I told the girls we're allowed to be sad today, but tomorrow is a new day and we're going to go out tomorrow and have some fun. Not sure what we're going to do yet, maybe the pool, but I want to teach them that it's okay to miss their dad, but we also need to not feel sorry for ourselves at the same time.

Once we got home and settled we changed into our PJs and have been watching cartoons and the Olympics on Armed Forces Network (AFN). We'll have leftovers for dinner and will probably make it an early night. The girls have told me multiple times that they miss him and want him back home...I think Keanna mentioned it at least four times on the 20 minute car ride home from the main base. She even said, "Mom I miss dad, and I can't see him so I want a picture of him when I go to bed." They have a picture of him on their nightstand that they kiss before bed every night, but tonight they each asked for a picture of him to sleep with. How adorable is that?!

I told them we could make a video for dad and that he'd get to see it on his computer. It's too large to email to him, so I'll put it here. I don't know what's going on with my shirt, but I promise I'm not pregnant. I've actually lost 19 lbs since we arrived here the last week of March!

To watch the 46 second video hit play and it should work. The bar spanning across will become red as it downloads, but you'll have to hit play before it starts to download. It may take a minute or two to download in its entirety. If you're a subscriber and get this in your email I'm not sure if the video will show up. If not, you'll need to come to the website to view it.

8 comments:

Shari said...

Adorable! The girls seem to be doing just fine.... and you too ;)
I'm glad you all got to see Bob but I'm sorry it was too short of a visit.
Hang in there!

newsjunkie said...

Awww that's so sweet, he's going to love it!

Keanna is really talking so well now!

WeidnerWorld said...

He'll be here before you know it!

Andrew-Josiah said...

AHHH! You all look fantabulous! I wish I could come out there and see you. Hang in there. I dont know when he will be home but it will be before too long right? Let me know if you want anything from P-cola. I can mail it to you!

Chas said...

Aww. I cried! Hope you're out having fun with the girls today!! Can't wait to read about the next adventure!

Aloha! said...

Thanks for making me cry, wench!! ;)

I hope time passes quickly and he's home soon.

Jackie said...

Jason's still gone, too, so *I* got teary too! Ugh! I didn't think anything could be worse than WestPac, but I do think this constant in and out business is for the birds!

Anonymous said...

Great little video! Bob will be so proud of his big girls! And I'm sure every chance he gets he will watch and listen to it over & over. I know I certainly will & dad (Ron)too. Keanna your getting to be such a big girl! Sydney your a big girl too! Nice work Katie, you've got that talent---Keep it up!!!!!!!Love & Miss you all alotxxxxxooooomom & dad