Thursday, June 11, 2009

Green Tea Coca Cola Makes its Debut in Japan

And I found it today! I've been looking since Monday, and after my stroller workout class I headed straight to 7-11 in search of Green Tea Coca Cola. After hearing Jimmy Fallon talk about it last night on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" I was even more determined to find it! Coca Cola Japan has a website dedicated to Green Tea Coke, and you can click here to take a look at it.

We live about an hour south of Tokyo and usually when new flavors of something comes out it takes a couple of days to make its way down here.
Julie was with me and snapped a picture with her cell phone in the store, and I took the other picture on my kitchen counter. And just yesterday I mentioned always having a camera with me. Go figure, I forgot it this morning!

You probably want to know what it takes like. It's diet, says "No Calorie" in English right in the front. Everything on the back is in Japanese. I smell a little bit of something extra, but can't tell that it's green tea. It tastes like Diet Coke but does have a little bit of a green tea after taste.

I bought three bottles and will get a few more. Bob's out to sea, so in case it's not being sold when he comes home he'll have a chance to try it. Later this month Pepsi is coming out with Pepsi Shiso! I'll be buying a few of those too!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

i will have to try that, for sure.
it looks interesting. :)

Sara said...

I don't know if I'll have to try this or not. In my mind, diet coke and green tea are seperate entities. Both good on their own...but together, hmmm, I'm not sure about that one.